This policy is effective from 27 September 2012.
Cinnamon Edge is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected so, if we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cinnamon Edge may change this policy from time to time by updating this page – we will let you know by email, but also check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Some names and contact information including email addresses
- Some demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information gathered to:
- Help with Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and service
- Send promotional emails about special offers and member news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
(We may contact you by email, phone or mail)
Any information we collect is kept secure: we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website, so please exercise due caution and diligence!
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may send you member offers and information we think will be useful to you as a Chamber member – if you don’t want to receive our news letters, just let us know.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Not all cookies are bad, and the ones we use aren’t! However, by law, we must show you what we use. If you’re confused by any of the information, contact us.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Put simply, this is what’s in use:
- WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. User data is all anonymous.
- If you leave a comment on the website (eg, on a page, article or blog post), then a cookie may be stored to ‘remember’ your email address for the next time you post (should you choose the “remember me” option)
- To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way
Some of the products on this site that we promote (including our Kindle books) may carry a referral fee; that is, we are affiliates and, for those things we’re affiliated to, we get a small percentage of the cost if you buy through our links.